Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Table manner Started from Father


Being a Chinese, I am ashame to tell you that I still can not manuplilate the chop stick properly, I just found that Leica has the same problem in proper using the chop sticks, I have to blame my self not able top bring her up. I respect my father... Who had been spenting a lot of time in teaching me how to use the Chop Stick. Terry, a friend from USA, had a time to have dinner and Lunch with me three weeks ago, Surprisingly, he could use the chop stick better than I and my daughter...Leica!

Back to table manner, I am so serious on my family member to stick to the basic rules, which was a heritage from my father who was a tough teacher in coaching us on table manner.

I have been dinning with a lot of friends, colleagues and I was not surprised to see at least 30% of the people does not understand what common table manner is... I mean coommon one! Common mistake such as eating with too much noise... and talking while food is stuffing into his mouth...well, as like father like son...From hat he is doing on the table, I can see how his father would behave!
fever

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi pal

I happened to see your blog on holding chopstick, it should not be too difficult to work on correct way.

Try copying link and browse at the web, there is a illustration.

It must be a perfect enjoyment if you are picking up a sushi topped with carviar with chopsticks in a elegant manner, do you agree.

On the other hand, using chopsticks correctly keeps your fingers and nerve working healthily, that's what some doctors say.

Here is a little more advice to how to learn holding chopstick fast.

1. Rest the first one on the hand at position illustrated, this one will never never never move.

2. Hold the second one at tip of thumb, first and second finger, when manupulating, only only only move first and second finger together.

3. Always keep the 2 sticks in an inverted V, do not allow the top part get close or even touching each other, never let the sticks go parallel.

bonna apetite

http://images.google.com.hk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-01/09/xin_fdd7e0e019794c13a04d079b914b490e_chopsticks-instruct.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-01/09/content_297513.htm&h=220&w=325&sz=25&hl=zh-TW&start=19&usg=__FKlYaGQBmpAJaJYBb5bN1RD5cAU=&tbnid=EHK9soaiusqQqM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dchopsticks%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Dzh-TW

HK Snob said...

Hi Leo, Thanks for teaching!

fever