Sunday, January 27, 2013

Neck Ties

For many years I keep some of the ties, some of them have a very different memorial value!
As from those Ties, I can recall which are the ones giving me. I recalled the time I bought some of the ties from HK most famous Pen Collector TK Lee in his Shop of Maurizio Bonas at Pacific Place where we used to gather for the Watch collectors and pen collectors every Saturday afternoon.. TK is in now settled in Singapore, whereas other s like Paul and Hung still very active in Watch Collection.

Many of the neck ties were given by my wives, friends, daughter, my mother.

I like the yellow Dunhill most as it was my last Birthday gift from my mother and my youngest daughter Leica, they shared the money to buy for me. Every time I wear the tie, every time I think of the individual person and episodes. Some of them make me feel bitter and some of them sweet.

I wear different ties for different occasions and days for meeting customer. I used to wear ties even in hot summer meeting customers. Once I was once told by my customers in Flextronics Zuhai that he liked to see I wear tie as that showed respect to them.

I used to match them with shirts and different tie clip and tie chain. That is really fun. However after I few years, I will be retired and I think the chance to wear any ties will be minimum. Leaving traces of witnesses of time, person and those tedious works to take them for dry cleaning once a year!


If I could afford, I would like to buy a good quality silk tie as it can make a beautiful knots easily and the tie will reform itself leaving minimum wrinkles afterward.

My favourite make is Dunhill, Faberge, Gianni Versace, Gucci…

Some people said it not worth to buy an expensive tie. Well, when the see how they make a good tie, then they know what we are buying is worth the money!

HK Snob

No comments: